Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The letter that got the job

Dear Sir:

I am very intrigued by the private chef opportunity aboard your yacht and have attached my resume for your review. I believe that my skills, experience, work ethic and personality would make me an ideal candidate for just such a position.

I am a graduate of the French Culinary Institute with 6 year’s professional cooking experience in three-star restaurants and catering. Presently, I work as a freelance chef and caterer for a large wine retailer, a prominent food magazine and private clients in Manhattan and the Hamptons, and am seeking a full-time private chef’s position. While my cooking style draws inspiration from Mediterranean, Middle-Eastern, Asian and Indian cuisines, applied with French technique, I am easily able to adapt to the tastes and preferences of my clientele. In my work for the wine retailer, I regularly research the cuisines of various wine regions of the world and create menus to best compliment the wines which are being served. And, having worked several summers as a private chef in East Hampton, I understand the intricacies of living and working in a private home and cooking and maintaining a kitchen for day-to-day eating habits and lifestyles. I am easily able to adjust from a casual lunch for the family to cocktail parties and a 5-course plated dinner. As well, I have a very strong work ethic, a positive attitude, an easy demeanor and can handle demanding situations with ease.

To further your interest, I should tell you that I was born and raised aboard a houseboat in Sausalito, California; have well functioning sea-legs; know where starboard is; have a great contact for the new 18-hole Greg Norman golf course on Anguilla; and have stellar references.

Should my skills and experience be of interest to you, please contact me at your convenience at 555.555.5555.


Kindest regards,

Cristina

No comments:

 
Blog Directory - Blogged