Friday, November 04, 2005

All Dressed Up and No Place To Go...

Due to continuing boat work, my departure date has been delayed once again. Now, it looks like I'll be leaving next Tuesday or Wednesday - November 8th or 9th. Which means that I will have just about one week to provision the boat and prepare the food for our crossing... Yikes!

I just want to start! I'm going nuts. My refrigerator which only a week ago was brimming with cheese, veggies, bread, fresh lasagna noodles, a good bottle of Prosecco and plenty of condiments - has been totally cleaned out. Now, it holds some Dijon mustard, a bottle of Trappistes Wesvleteren (a gift from a friend) and bottled water. It's like college again, only with much better beer in my fridge... But still, I don't want to have to mess up my kitchen again, or buy groceries for the fridge. My bags are packed, I'm ready to walk out the door!

My friends are begining to think that I've made this all up. I swear, I haven't! It is a real job! I swear! I swear!

I really can't complain though, as this will give me extra time to get my menu's a little more together... (and when I have a moment to think clearly and breath, I'll actually post more on that here)

No comments:

 
Blog Directory - Blogged