Friday, March 23, 2007

On to the next...

The charter ended with much fanfare. The guests had caught a king mackeral as we cruised back to Tortolla to drop them off. The mate brought the mackeral into the galley and did a beautiful job cleaning and fileting it. I sauted it and served it atop a mango, spinach and fennel salad with an avocado and cilantro vinaigrette. The guests were thrilled to see that we were able to serve up what they’d caught only a few minutes earlier. It was a perfect ending to the trip.

The guest who chartered the yacht wrote me a beautiful letter of recommendation and everyone had a fantastic time, myself included. It was challenging and fun and although I never saw the light of day – I enjoyed every moment. And, the guests have asked me to cook for them again on a charter in the Mediterranean in June!

We’ll see… I’m sailing to Antigua today on the yacht that I finished this charter on. I’ll be joining another yacht on Monday and doing a two week charter through the Grenadines. After which, I’ll be flying to Mexico to cook for a couple there and if that goes well, then I’ll be joining their yacht in Genoa, Italy.

A perfect ending to a perfect season...

The only thing that would make it more perfect would be to get in one last dive...

No comments:

 
Blog Directory - Blogged